Thyme is an evergreen perennial herb and a member of mint family. It is of genus thymus more commonly known as Thymus Vulgaris. It is best cultivated in hot sunny location with well-drained soil. It grows up to 40 cm. tall. Thyme plant has an aromatic smell & warm pungent taste. It is known since ancient times as a medicinal herb, it is strongest antioxidant known.
Thyme oil is obtained by steam distillation of fresh flowers & leaves of thyme plant. Best quality Thyme oil is obtained from AOS Products.
- It is used in flavoring and when dried it retains more flavours.
- It is culinary herb.
- It contains 20-54% Thymol and is main ingredient in various mouth washes and is also effective against fungal infections, can be used for coughs & bronchitis. It is added to ointments.
- Toner: It act as a toner, prevent acne outbreaks, used as a cleanser for skin.
- As a hair product, prevents hair loss.
- It act as a Insecticide/insect repellent.
Antiseptic, bactericidal, tonic, cardiac, carminative, diuretic, emenangogue, expectorant, hypertensive, etc.COMPONENTS
The main chemical constituents of Thyme oil
are alpha thujane, alpha pinene, camphene, b-pinene, cymene, alpha-terpinene, linalool, borneol, b-caryophyllene, thymol, and carvacrol.BLENDING
Essential oils normally blend well together, thyme oil blends particularly well with Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lavender, Rosemary, and Pine.SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
- It should not be used directly on skin, it can cause sensitization.
- It should not be taken internally.
- It should not be given to people with high B.P.
- Pregnant women should avoid because it can cause menstrual flow.
- It should be kept away from infants & children because their skin is sensitive.
- If you are allergic or taking certain medications, you should avoid thyme oil.
After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.Inhalation
: Allow the victim to rest in a well ventilated area. Seek immediate medical attentionIndigestion:
Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband. If the victim is not breathing, perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Seek immediate medical attentionSTORAGE & HANDLING
Precautions: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment
containing material. Do not breathe gas/fumes/ vapor/spray.Storage:
Keep container dry. Keep in a cool place. Ground all equipment containing material. Keep container tightly closed.TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- It is very potent oil and should not be used in cases of high blood pressure and pregnancy.
- It may cause mucus membrane and skin irritation due to presence of high phenol.
- It should be used in low concentration.