Refined Kokum Butter
Kokum butter is obtained from fruit kernel of genus Garcinia tree, scientifically referred to as genus Garcinia indica. Kokum tree is usually fully grown in western stairs regions, central east regions referred to as konkan regions. Kokum butter has nice profit for skin, body and hair (You should use Jojoba oil for body and Hair)
Refined Kokum Butter Uses and Benefits-
Kokum has major advantage on skin as kokum butter has rejuvenating and regenerative power so it's utilized in numerous cosmetic merchandise reminiscent of:
Safety and Precaution-
- Lip balms
- Cosmetics foundation
- Body lotion
- Hair conditioner (You can also use Saw Palmetto oil for hair)
- Kokum butter heals cracks and condition in feet.
- Because of its non- comedogenic nature, it gets quickly absorbed by skin whereas in healing of skin. it's wont to heal cuts and wounds on skin.
- It is wont to forestall wrinkles.
- It is utilized in treatment of diarrhoea, dysentery, piles, spruce and abdominal disorder. it's used for scalp treatment to push sturdy roots and a wholesome atmosphere for hair growth.
- Kokum butter have medicinal drug, anti-inflammatory drug, anti-oxidant property thus it used for treatment of broken and dry skin.
- It is used as a base for holding wetness.
- It is wont to cosset the skin.
- It is additionally utilized in preparation and baking to feature tart seasoning.
- It is used as fuel and cooking oil likewise.
Repetitive and excessive usage of kokum butter throughout heat, will injury all its property, confine cool contained and aloof from heat.
Due to its fragile composition, must be handled rigorously.Extraction Process-
Kokum butter is extracted from fruit kernel, seeds square measure decorticated by picket mallets, then obtained crushed kernels being cooked in water then when cooling, and kokum butter is finally extracted. . Kernel is wealthy in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, tocopherol and acid acids.Properties-
Kokum butter has emollient properties. Kokum butter
is creamy white in color like Shea butter, cocoa butter. Kokum butter has delicate to nonexistent fragrance, non greasy in texture. Kokum butter have high temperature thus it melts quickly in touch with skin.Chemical Composition-
Kokum butter consists of essential carboxylic acid, its composition includes- acid, ethanoic acid, malic acid, antioxidant, hydro acid and garcinol.