Cananga Odorata commonly called as Ylang Ylang oil is a fast growing tree, it is of 12m in height and grows well in full or partial sun .Flower is sea star in appearance which yields fragrant essential oil, it has black fruit. The fragrance of ylang ylang is rich & deep with notes of rubber & custard. It is also called as poor man helpful as jasmine.
Ylang ylang oil is obtained by steam distillation of flowers.
It has sweet flowery fragrance and its aroma is rich & sweet floral.
Its main components are benzyl acetate, linalool, P- cresyl , methyl ether & menthyl benzoate , sesquiterpenes.
It blends well with Bergamot, grapefruits, lavender & sandalwood.
- It is used in aromatherapy.
- It lowers B.P.
- It is used in flavoring.
- It is widely used in perfumes.
- It fights depression & relaxes both body & soul.
- It is beneficial in curing inflammation & it regularizes sebum production.
- Essential oil can avoid both septic & tetanus in wounds by disinfecting wounds.
- It speeds up process of healing.
- It acts as health booster for nervous system.
- It can cure infections in internal organs such as stomach intestines colon & urinary tract.
- It is good for people suffering insomnia, fatigue.
- It maintains moisture in skin.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS:
One should avoid when pregnant.