It is also known as Mandarin Oranges or tangerines. It is a small citrus tree with fruit similar to oranges. This tree is drought tolerant and is tender & damaged by cold. It is grown in tropical & sub tropical regions. Citrus fruit is self fertile. Mandarin is one of the herbs that are grown worldwide, in almost all continents. Its botanical name is citrus reticulated.
It is obtained by cold compression of fresh peels of mandarin fruit.
Synonyms: Tangerine, true Mandarin, Citrus reticulate, naartjie
Botanical Name: Citrus reticulate
Part Used: Peel
Color: Yellow orange color
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.4710-1.4770
The Chemical constituents of Mandarin oil are alpha Pinene, camphene, alpha thujane, sabinene, beta pinene, terpineol-4-ol, citronellal, linalool, y-terpinolene, limonene, mycene, nerol and geranial.
Mandarin oil blends with cinnamon, clarysage, bergamot,Clove, neroli, nutmeg, lavender, frankincense.
- It is used as flavoring agent in food & beverages.
- It is used in cosmetics, soaps oil & perfume industries for its fragrance.
- It has medicinal benefits owing to its antiseptic, antispasmodic, digestive, stomachic etc properties.
- Owing to its antiseptic properties it protects wounds from becoming septic.
- It cures spasms.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It also purifies the blood by removing toxic substance from body.
- It is useful for digestion and improves appetite.
- This oil is good for liver as it maintains proper discharge of bile.
- It can calm attacks of epilepsy, hysteria & convulsions.
- It promotes growth of new cells & tissues.
- It tones up overall health & boosts the immune system.
- It act as sedative for inflammation & nervous disturbances.
- It maintains acid & base balance in stomach.
- It relieves stress, cures skin disorders, and maintains moisture balance in skin.
- It helps in treatment of constipation & diarrhea
SAFETY MEASUREEye Contact
: If mandarin oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water till 15 minutes, remove contact lances. If serious condition then call doctor immediately.Skin Contact:
Remove contaminated clothes and footwear if Mandarin oil
comes in contact with skin
Inhalation: If Mandarin oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air, if serious condition then provides artificial respiration call the physician immediately.STORAGE & HANDLING
While handling do not drink and smoke. Do not leave the drum empty as empty drum. Maintain the proper cleanness and hygiene. Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°.