The germ of a cereal is the reproductive part that germinates and forms the wheat grass. It appears as golden brown & flakey. Wheat germ is an embryo of wheat kernel and is removed during wheat processing as it contains oil which can go rancid in wheat products over time. India is the largest producer & Exporter of Wheat Germ oil. Indian soil & Climate is conducive for growing wheat from which finest quality wheat germ oil is obtained.
Wheat germ oil is obtained by method of cold pressing of germ of wheat kernel. It is very high in vitamin E & has highest content of vitamin E of any food.
It is deep amber in color & has strong scent. It is an excellent source of vitamin E, D&A & protein, fatty acids, lecithin.
Although the germ only constitutes 3% of the weight of a wheat grain, it contains nearly 25% of the protein, vitamins and minerals, Linoleic acid, oleic etc.
It blends well with all other essential oils.
- This oil is used as a food ingredient &dietary supplement.
- This oil can repair damage from sunburn, burns & ulcers.
- It can reduce stretch marks & wrinkles.
- It can treat Eczema & psoriasis.
- It can improve function of Heart.
- It can improve Ratio of good cholesterol to Bad cholesterol.
- It can improve function of lymphatic, immune cardiovascular, nervous & reproductive systems.
- It helps in relieving the symptoms of Dermatitis.
- It helps to prevent rancidity, it is often added to other carrier oils to help lengthen their shelf life and to prevent them going off.
- It is a perfect addition for massage oil.
- Vitamin E present in Wheat germ oil promotes skin cell formation & is great for nourishing & rejuvenating skin cells.
- It is a wonderful to add with other carrier oils for massaging.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
- It is sensitive to high temperatures, oxidation & light, which can cause oil to degrade & become rancid.
- It should not be heated or used for cooking.
- It should not be used either as food or applied topically to anyone with an allergy to wheat or gluten.
- People who are regularly on blood thinning medication such as warfarin should avoid this oil.