It is a nut of tree of genus juglans, is a single seeded stone fruits of walnut tree, following full ripening removal of husks reveals walnut shell which encloses the kernel or meat. Seed kernels commonly available as shelled walnuts - enclosed in brown seed coat which contains antioxidants.
The state of Jammu & Kashmir in North West part of India is the major walnut producing zone
of followed by Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Andhra Pradesh etc.EXTRACTION
Walnut oil is obtained from English walnuts by method of cold pressing or solvent extraction. There are 2 types of walnut oil one is cold pressed another is expeller pressed but cold pressed oil
preserves more of nutrients & flavor.PROPERTIES
It is light colored & delicate in flavor & scents.USES
- It is edible & is generally used less than other oils in food preparation.
- These are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids, it is a strong anti-inflammatory.
- These are rich in phyto nutrients and are an excellent source of senium, phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, iron & calcium.
- It helps in lowering LDL, and increases HDL cholesterol.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- It reduces coronary heart disease risk & possible decreases in cancer risk.
- It helps in slowing of ageing process.
- It gives flavor to cooking & is perfect for salad dressings.
- It is great for fighting wrinkles & fine lines.
- It helps fighting fungal infections.
- It helps to treat skin problems like psoriasis.
- It fights hair loss, dandruff & promotes hair growth.
- It boosts the blood vessel functioning overall.
- It helps to reduce belly fat.
- Owing to its antiseptic properties it reduces infection.
- It promotes regular emptying of bowels.
- It is natural pain reliever.
- It promotes regeneration of skin cells.
- It is a fine moisturizer for skin.
- It acts as paint thinner & removes color from paint brushes like nothing.
- It can be applied directly to hair to make it smooth & glossy.
- A simple massage with walnut oil relieves arthritic pain, muscle pain etc.