Grape seeds botanical name is vitis vinifera which belongs to family vitaceae, it has a large, jagged leaves & its stem bark peels. Grapes may be green, Red or purple. Grape are smooth skinned & juicy, seed or seedless. This tasty fruit is one of best examples of blurry line between food & medicine. Grapes contain powerful antioxidants. Grapes can be eaten as fresh fruit & its skin, seeds & Leaves are put to good use. Reseveratrol is a popular supplement extracted from skin of grape. California is the largest producer of grapes both for wine & table grapes.
Grape seed oil is extracted by cold pressed method from seeds of vitis vinifera.
It is a sweet, light& nutty aroma, color is clear with tint of yellow or green.
It consists of Linoleic acid, Oleic acid, Palmitic acid, stearic acid, Alpha linolenic acid & palmitoleic acid.
It blends well with Sweet almond oil, sunflower oil & olive oil, avocado oil.
- It is used as an ingredient in salad dressings & mayonnaise, baked goods, pancakes.
- It is used as vegetable oil.
- It is used as am lubricant for shaving.
- It is good for hair strengthening & growth.
- It has high smoking point & is used to fry foods.
- It is high in omega 6 fatty acids.
- It is used in massage & Aromatherapy.
- It is a good hair moisturizer.
- It assists in skin repair owing to its astringent & antiseptic properties.
- It reduces LDL Level.
- It contains high anti-oxidants.
- It is ingredient in moisturizing creams, & sun creams.
- It proves beneficial for people suffering from diabetes.
- It can repair damaged or broken capillaries & blood vessels.
- Owing to its anti-inflammatory properties it provides relief against pain & swelling.
- It is useful in asthma, allergies, acne & dermatitis.
- It helps the immune system & increases blood circulation.
- It helps to tighten & tone the skin.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
- It should be stored in cool dark place
- People allergic to grape should not use this oil.
- People on blood thinning medication should consult physician before its use.