Tagetes is also called as Khakhi bush & Mexican marie Gold. Its botanical name is Tagetes minute. It can grow up to 2.2Km tall & it has deeply divided deep green feathery leaves & has numerous yellowish orange carnation like flowers. Its leaves & flowers are good insect repellant.
Tagetes oil is obtained by steam distillation of leaves, stalk, stem & flowers.
It has a wild, sweet, fruity almost citrus like smell & is yellow to reddish amber in color.
It consists of Limonene, Ocinene, Tagetone & valeric acid.
It blends well with Clary sage, Jasmine, lavender, Lemon, Myrrh & Tangerine.
- It is reputed for its antiseptic properties like it can get rid of most annoying & harmful parasites on human body.
- It can neutralize the effects of bites & stings of insects.
- It stops growth of microbes.
- It proves great as an antiseptic.
- Owing to its antibiotic properties it does not allow any biotic growth in body.
- It even clear wounds & eliminates growth of maggots in them.
- It gives relaxation in any spasms.
- It also acts as disinfectant as if it is ingested or applied externally it cures infections in body.
- It also acts as insecticide.
- It also sedates inflammation & irritation in digestive, nervous & other emotional & psychological hyper reactions.
- It also eases congestion & treats wounds, infected foot, and skin diseases.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
It should be avoided during pregnancy.
It can cause irritations to sensitive people.