Sunflower oil is normally used in food for frying and in cosmetic products as an emollient. Sunflower oil is made up of a polyunsaturated fat, linoleic acid , oleic acid and monounsaturated fat. Fungi is the major cause of disease in sunflower like downy mildew, include rust, verticillium wilt, sclerotinia stalk and head rot.
What is Sunflower Oil?
Sunflower is known by many names like Adityabhakta, Aceite de Girasol, Corona Solis, Grand Soleil, Fleurs de Soleil, Hélianthe, HéliantheAnnuel, HelianthiAnnui Oleum, Helianthus annuus, Huile de Graines de Tournesol, Huile de Tournesol, Marigold of Peru, Sunflower Oils, Sunflower Seed Oil.
Learn Excellent Uses and Benefits of Sunflower Oil:
• Oleic acid present in sunflower oil is used to treat a dry, aging skin, it is absorbed easily by the skin, replenishing lost moisture, and restore the oil in skin without clogging pores.
• Oleic acid present in sunflower oil is responsible for mineral transport, immunity and hormone response. It also helps to maintain brain function.
• Linoleic acid present in sunflower oil helps to prevent blood clots, improves muscle contraction and helps in the formation of cell membranes.
• The vitamin E in sunflower oil gives protection against colon cancer by neutralizing the free radicals .The carotenoids present in it also prevents the uterine, lung and skin cancers.
• Vitamin E present in sunflower oil is used to treat many skin problems like eczema.
• Sunflower oil act as a conditioner for hairs,helps to treat dry, frizzy hair. The linolenic acid in sunflower oil also prevents hair lossand gives smooth silky hairs.
• Sunflower oil is used to treat constipation .It is also used to heal wounds, arthritis ,psoriasis etc.
Know Major Components of Sunflower Oil
The main component of sunflower oil isLinoleic acid, oleic acid and omega 6 fatty acids, saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, Monounsaturated fats. Sunflower oil is full of vitamin E and omega 6 fatty acid, it is also a source of polyunsaturated fats, that is good for our health. Linoleic acid present in sunflower is good for heart health. It reduces the total LDL cholesterol. It is used to prevent heart attack and lower the cholesterol level. Vitamin E present in sunflower oil is used to treat many skin problems like eczema.Linolenic acid present in sunflower oil is used to treat many diseases like rheumatoid arthritis , diabetes,sclerosis,lupus, renal disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. It is also used to prevent pneumonia. The vitamin E in sunflower oil gives protection against colon cancer by neutralizing the free radicals .The carotenoids present in it also prevents the uterine, lung and skin cancers.