The name originated from Latin word Foenum which means It is annual to biennial herb. It originated in Mediterranean now it is grown in many parts of the world.
Synonyms: Fennel oil, Sweet fennel oil, Foeniculum vulgare.
Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare.
Part Used: Whole plant and crushed seeds
Color: Colorless to pale yellow
Viscosity: Clear in Viscosity.
Perfumery Note: Characteristics Odor
Shelf Life: Two Years
Refractive Density: 1.528-1.538
Optical Rotation: +12Ã‚Â° to +24ÃÂ°
Fennel oil is extracted by the mode of Steam distillation from the crushed seeds. It yields 2 % to 4%.
Fennel grows in Mediterranean climate, on sea shores and riverbank. It is perennial herb with yellow flower. Its leaves have aniseed flavor. Fennel is green in color and it grows upto height of 2.5 meter. Flower produced on top with compound flower arrangement.
- Fennel oil is used to cures digestive problems like Nausea, hiccups vomiting colic, anorexia & dyspepsia.
- It is better treatment for obesity.
- Fennel oil helps in cleansing and tonic effect on skin by sorting out overly oily skin and fighting wrinkles.
- Fennel oil is used to increase the insufficient milk in nursing mother.
- Fennel oil helps in the stimulating of estrogen and helps in birthing.
- This oil is used against snake bite.
- Fennel oil is used in lotion and creams as in lotion fennel oil is a good ingredient.
- With the regular uses of fennel oil skin can be smoothness and soft by removing roughness and wrinkles.
- Fennel oil restores the moisture leaving facial muscle relaxed.
- It is used as flavoring agent in some tooth pest
- Food and Flavoring Uses
- Fennel oil is used widely for culinary purpose.
Chemical constituent of fennel oil are myrcene, alpha pinene, fenchone, methyl chavicol, Trans anethole, limonene, i-8 cineole and anise aldehyde.CONCOCTION
Fennel oil blends well with cardamom, dill, Bergamot, Orange , Pine, rosemary, fir, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, marjoram, niouli, Black pepper, sandalwood, tangerine
, Lemon , ylang ylang & Mandarin oils.SAFETY MEASURE
Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation occurs.Skin Contact
: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin
with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.Inhalation:
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.Ingestion:
Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an Unconscious person. If large quantities
of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
STORAGE & HANDLING
Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment
containing material. Do not breathe dust. Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- Fennel oil is powerful so it should use in less doses.
- Avoid its uses during pregnancy and epilepsy.
- Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact.