Cardamom is native to India and is the 3rd most expensive spice. It is used in flavoring & cooking in food & beverage as well as medicines. There are two types of cardamom one is cardamom elettaria which is green cardamom and another is amomum which is black cardamom.
is extracted from elettaria. Elletaria is used as a food plant by larvae of moth.
There are 3 varieties of cardamom plants:Malabar:
It grows in Kerala and grows horizontally along the ground.Mysore:
it grows in Karnataka and grows vertically upwards.Vazhuka:
It grows neither horizontally nor vertically but in between.DESCRIPTIONSynonyms
: Cardamom oil, Elettaria cardamum oilBotanical Name
: Elettaria cardamom oilPart Used
: Seed of the fruit Color
: Colorless to Pale yellow.Viscosity
: Slightly Watery in viscosity.Perfumery Note
: It has Aromatic odor Shelf Life
: Two Years.EXTRACTION
Cardamom oil is extracted through the mode of Steam distillation from aromatic pod of cardamom.COMPONENTS
The main chemical constituents of cardamom oil are a-pinene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-phellandrene, limonene, terpinen-4-oil, a-terpineol, a-terpineol acetate, citronellol, nerol, geraniol, methyl eugenol and trans-nerolidol 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, linalool, linalyl acetateBLENDING
Oregano oil blend with Bay, bergamot, black pepper, caraway, cedarwood, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, lemon, lemongrass, litsea cubeba
, mandarin, neroli, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, petitgrain, sandalwood, vetiver, ylang ylangUSES
- It is helpful in achieving optimum health because of presence of vitamins & minerals in cardamom oil.
- Owing to its antispasmodic properties it provides relieve in both muscular & respiratory spasms like cramp, cold & coughs.
- Owing to its antimicrobial properties it slows down growth of microbes.
- It stimulates our digestive system.
- It is also used as a mouth wash.
- Owing to its diuretic property it promotes discharge of urine.
- It helps in maintaining normal body temperature.
- It gives radiance to skin as it is rich in vitamin c.
- Owing to its antioxidant properties it detoxifies our body.
- It has antiseptic property which helps in treating variety of skin infections.
- It also acts as natural cleanser.
- It is a natural skin toner
- It treats scalp infections, maintains hair health, it cures dandruff and lightens hair.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONIn case of Eye Contact:
Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Skin Contact:
Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.Inhalation:
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention. Ingestion:
Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel
. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities
of this material are swallowed, provide immediately medical help.