Caraway plant is a biennial plant with stem 40-60cm tall with either pink or white flowers also called as meridian fennel or Persian cumin. The plant grows well in warm, sunny locations & well drained rich soil. In warmer regions it is cultivated in winter months & in temperate climate in summer. Caraway fruits have a pungent anise like flavor & aroma. It is used in liquors, Indian Cuisine rice dishes, Desserts & other fruits, even its roots are cooked as vegetables, and even leaves are consumed as herbs like parsley. It is also used as a companion plant and can disguise scent of insects or attract beneficial insects.
It is obtained by process of steam distillation of roped seeds of caraway.
Synonyms: Caraway oil, Carum carvi, Meridian Fennel, Persian Fennel.
Botanical Name: Carum carvi.
Part Used: Ripe Seeds.
Color: Colorless to Yellow
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two Years
Refractive Density: 1.484-1.490
18 Impressive Benefits or Uses of Pure Caraway Oil:
- Caraway fruit oil is used as fragrance in soaps, lotions, & perfumes.
- It is used as a breath freshener.
- It can make skin bright & fair.
- It can cure inflammation of inner thighs.
- It acts as a vermifuge as it kills insects both on & inside body.
- It is used for digestive problems like heartburn, bloating, loss of appetite, improve control of urination, and kill bacteria in body.
- It is used to start menstruation & alleviate menstruation cramps.
- It is used in mouthwashes.
- It is rubbed in skin to improve local blood flow.
- It relieves from cough, tones heart, liver skin & muscles.
- It is used in flavoring medications.
- It improves digestion & relives spasms in stomach & intestines.
- It helps in increasing milk production in lactating mothers.
- Caraway oil can neutralize effects of histamine & cures coughs & other ailments.
- It acts an antiseptic & disinfectant.
- It is good for cardiac health m maintains proper heart rate
- It is carminative and is used for gas troubles.
- It is used as a cooking spice.
Main chemical constituents of Caraway oil are Carvone, Limonene
, Acetaldehyde, Cumuninic aldehyde & furfurol.BLENDING
Caraway oil can blend well with essential oils like orange oil, ginger oil, Lavender
oil, Frankincense, Coriander Chamomile oil & Basil oil.SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
In Case of:Eye Contact
- It can cause heartburn , nausea when used with peppermint.
- It can cause rashes to insensitive skin when used topically.
- Pregnant women & nursing mothers should consult doctor before using because it is known to start menstruation.
- Caraway lowers the blood glucose level so diabetic patients should consult doctor because medication might change.
: If caraway oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water.Skin Contact:
Remove contaminated clothes if caraway oil comes in contact with skin
: If caraway oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air & obtain medical attention.STORAGE & HANDLING
Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25 Â°.TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Caraway oil is non toxic & non sensitizing .If it is used in high conc. It may cause skin irritation.