Pine Oil is obtained from needles, twigs and cones of evergreen pine species by method of steam distillation. Pine oil has many uses in aromatherapy. Pine oil is naturally deodorizing and anti bacterial. It is widely used in an antiseptic, massage oil and disinfectant.
- It is useful as Stress relief as it is invigorating & energizing.
- It act as an Antiseptic used for treating wounds & cuts.
- In Aromatherapy it is used as massage oil.
- It act as a disinfectant as it has a germ killing properties. It is recommended for treating psoriasis, itching, eczema, scabies, sores & fleas
- It gives aroma to cosmetics, used as a massage oil & is used in Perfumes.
Pine oil blends well with Cedar wood, Rosemary, Lavender, Sage & Juniper oils.Safety & Precautions:
- Children & elderly should not be given pine oil because it causes Hypertension
- It should be diluted for Aromatherapy use.
- It should not be indigested directly because it has effect on kidney & can cause breathing problem.