Know All About Spearmint oil and Buy Online:
Synonyms: Spearmint oil, Curled mint, Garden mint, Mentha spicata.
Botanical Name: Mentha spicata.
Part Used: Leaves & Flowers.
Color: Clear colorless to pale yellow or greenish yellow
Viscosity: Watery viscosity
Perfumery Note: Odor of Spearmint
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.484-1.491
Optical Rotation: -45 ° to -62 °
FAQ: EXTRACTION PROCESS (How to Make?)
Spearmint oil is extracted by the mode of steam distillation from flowering top.
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF SPEARMINT OIL:
Romans cultivated Spearmint and Introduced to the English. Now it is native to Europe and Iceland.
Romans used the shoots of the plant for freshening the air and mixing the juice of the plant in the water to take bath for keeping the foul smell away.
Spearmint oil is a perennial herb of about 2-3 feet in height and has light green oval-shaped, sharply leaves and pink colored flowers.
Spearmint plant grows well on slightly sandy and wet soils.
It grows well in temperate climates. It is a very common household plant, grows well in pots or is planted by its spreading rhizome.
They can be preserved in salt sugar syrup, alcohol, or oils.
Spearmint Oil Uses in Pharma, Food and Cosmetic Industries:
Food & Flavoring Uses
- Spearmint oil has healing properties.
- It acts as a great remedy for digestive complaints like Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Flatulence, and Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Its wonderful fragrance can stimulate the brain and increase alertness.
- Spearmint oil also helps in inflammation.
- Spearmint oil is a wonderful antiseptic against wound and ulcer.
- Spearmint oil is a better treatment against gastric problem in stomach and intestine.
- In food and beverages spearmint oil used as a flavoring agent.
- Pure Spearmint oil is used as a flavoring agent in confectionery due to the presence of Menthol.
- Spearmint is an ingredient in several mixed drinks like Mojito and mint Julep, Sweet tea, iced and flavored with spearmint is a summer tradition in US.
- Skin problem such as acne can be easily treated with this oil so it is used in cosmetics.
- Spearmint oil is used in toothpaste, mouthwash, and packed food items.
- Due to the presence of Menthol, spearmint oil is an effective insecticide and keeps away mosquitoes, ants, moth & fly and it is used in mosquito repellent cream.
Spearmint Oil contains Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene
, Carvone, Cineole, Beta-Caryophyllene, Linalool, Limonene, Menthol and Myrcene.CONCOCTION:
Spearmint oil blends well with Basil oil
, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary and Jasmine oil
.SAFETY MEASURE:Eye Contact
In case of eye contact, flush eyes with plenty of water, remove contact lenses or other eye aids. Call for medical help if required.Skin Contact
Wash the body part with water and soap.INHALATION:
If inhaled, move to well ventilated area and inhale fresh air aggressively.IF SPEARMINT OIL INGESTED, WHAT SHOULD WE DO:
Wash and rinse your mouth drink lots of water, do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Remove tight clothes move to the ventilated area and inhale fresh air. Get medical attention if feel any discomfort.STORAGE & HANDLING OF SPEARMINT OIL:
Do not ingest directly. Avoid direct contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested, drink lots of water and seek medical advice. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents.Keep in a tight container only.TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION:
Absorbed through skin, slightly hazardous in case of skin contact
(irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
May cause respiratory tract irritation & gastrointestinal tract irritation.Free Shipping:
Shipping charges on orders above 1 Kg keep Free Shipping
all over the world.