Nigellia sativa is called kalonji, fennel flower, black caraway is an annual flowering plant, it grows up to 11.8 inches, and flowers are delicate & usually pale blue & white in color. Fruit is large containing numerous seeds which are used as spice, seeds are dark, thin & crescent shaped when whole. Seeds have a pungent bitter taste & smell.
Black seed oil is obtained by cold pressing of black cumin seed.
- It has a spicy and very penetrating smell.
- Cumin oil is distinctive flavour and strong, warm aroma is due to its essential oil content.
It consists of Linoleic acid, thymoquinone, nigellone & Melanthin etc.USES
- Many of the diseases could be treated by indigestion of Black cumin oil like cancer, Heart disease, allergies, anxiety, diabetes, headaches, migraines Etc.
- It improves hair growth & even prevents early graying.
- It even boosts production of bone marrow.
- It is useful for diarrhea & indigestion.
- It can decrease cholesterol level in blood.
- It prevents development of inflammatory processes in cardiovascular system.
- It has analgesic, antibacterial, anti-fungal antioxidant, antiviral Properties.
- It even increases flow of breast milk in nursing mothers.
- It increases healthy fat in body & improves body tone.
- It boosts immune system.
- It nourishes the skin & helps in regeneration of damaged cell.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
- It should not be applied to skin without diluting because it can cause irritations to those with sensitivities.
- Not to be used while pregnancy.