Cypress trees are evergreen coniferus tree and it belongs to family cupressaceae. These are 25 meters tall & are pyramidal in shape, their bark separates into thin plates or strips that shed from tree. Leaves are spreading & usually aromatic. Cones are small in size.
The oil is obtained by steam distillation of bark.
It is pale yellow in color and aroma is woody & sharp.
Its main components are alpha pinene, cedrol, limonene mycrene.
Cypress Oil blends well with other woody oils such as cedar wood oil & pine oil also with essential oils like lavender rosemary & citrus like orange & grape.
- Owing to its astringent properties it shrinks skin giving it a tighter skin.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It prevents bacterial infection.
- It helps in hemorrhoids by shrinking blood vessel.
- It prevents spasms.
- Cypress oil stops bleeding in open wounds.
- It has tranquilizing effect.
- It promotes sweating.
- The oil improves blood circulation.
- It improves memory function.
- It alleviates heavy period.
- It alleviates edema.
- It helps to curb acne.
- Cypress oil gives glossier look to hair by removing excess hair oil.
- It can reduce bags under eyes.
- It is used in aromatherapy products like candles, soaps & incense sticks.
- It is added to anti lice shampoos.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
If under medication consult doctor before its use.